Come sit with me, let's visit

Come sit with me, let's visit

Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby Boy

I told you, I am a healer. I am. I cannot take illness, it's like a personal affront. Deliberately designed to challenge me.

I have a baby here in my home. He is, the long way around, my grandson. I doubt the details would be of interest.

He has been sick for three weeks. Four trips to the doctor. Amoxicillin, Tylenol, Advil, teething tablets, Baby Oragel, Robitusson and Albuterol. Still, he coughs, the burgers run, the wheezes just started.

I hit the computer, looking for herbals, or old wives tales or SOMETHING!!!!! Baby is miserable. I love this baby, he is sweet and learning and having a good time finding all the non-baby items in my house that have to leave the 'under four foot' location. Now, he sits, and wants a cuddle and needs some love, and his nose wiped (which he thinks is completely abusive and we should all die for such an affront).

I found an old wives tale. Vick's Vaporub. Many of you are rolling your eyes (as if there ARE many of you). Here is the catch, we've all had it on our chests, on our backs, with heavy towels or thick t-shirts. Try this next time- on the souls of your feet.

Apparently another country did a study and it works on your cough, by rubbing it on your feet--100% of the time. I don't say this, a medical study that came out in Canada said it does. And right now. There is a sleeping baby with smelly feet in my home.

I have a new follower as well. Welcome, scatterheart. I see you there. I am not exactly literary genius. But I do enjoy a good battle now and then.

Sleep is not as regular as I would like. Neither is food. But I am getting better.

No comments: